United Way of Rock River Valley and the Village of Machesney Park are issuing the following REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL, seeking an organization or entity interested in providing programming for this property and overseeing said programming, ensuring that the house is utilized to its fullest potential.
Use of the facility will be free of charge (meaning no rent) with the expectation that the house is active no less than 20 hours/week and responds directly to the needs of the neighborhood. RFP’s offering a consistent presence in the house and office hours will be given preference. This facility is not set up to support residential services.
In 2019, UWRRV acquired the property at 825 Marie Ave in Machesney Park and created a “home-like” office space for the purpose of being a community convenor for those living in and around the house.
Known as a Strong Neighborhood House (SNH), resources and opportunities were brought to the neighborhood through staff and partner agencies providing:
- Vocational assistance (job searching, resume writing, interviewing skills)
- Legal help
- After school homework sessions
- Cooking classes
- Movie Nights
- Block Parties
- Law Enforcement outreach and so much more
The fully furnished, fully accessible facility has a large lobby/waiting/program area, a full kitchen, large back yard with a basketball pad and hoop, two garden beds, large bathroom with washer & dryer hookups, additional half bath, individual rooms for 3 offices, heated garage, and more. (See the attached flyer.)
We are putting this Request for Proposal (RFP) out to non-profits and or public entities, asking for all ideas, collaborations, partnerships, entrepreneurial opportunities, etc., to continue the spirit of development for this property, neighborhood and those living around it. We got the ball rolling and now we need your ingenuity to keep it going!
UWRRV and the Village are seeking creative, forward-thinking organizations who have a desire to see all citizens receive the same opportunities, regardless of their address.
As we all refresh our “way of doing business” following the global COVID-19 pandemic, we are open to new and exciting opportunities for this property. There will be no rent for this facility and utilities and maintenance will be covered through June 30, 2023, when the organization(s) will take over these costs. The facility will remain rent-free, but all utilities, maintenance and upkeep will be the responsibility of the occupant(s). We are open to more than one organization occupying the space.
The house will be open for tours and discussion of this RFP two different times, and you are welcome to come and go as it fits your schedule:
- Tuesday, October 11, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 12, 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
Written proposals will be due no later than 3:00 p.m. on October 28, 2022.
The application asks the following:
- Organization Name and Full Address
- Contact Person, Email Address and Phone Number
- Organization’s Mission and Summary of Services Provided
- Month/Year Organization was Incorporated
- Request – Explain how you will use this house, staff it, reach out to the neighborhood, explain if this is an existing program or new, how you will collaborate with the Police (if applicable) and any other pertinent information.
- What metrics will you track to determine your effectiveness?
- Explain how your agency is funded and will pay for the services offered at this facility. (United Way will pay the $4,500 annual maintenance agreement for upkeep on the property and The Village of Machesney Park will pay utilities through June 30, 2023.)
- Applicants need to attach the following documents:
- Resumes of staff for the property
- List of Board of Directors
- Proof of Insurance
- Most recent audit and/or 990
- Agency budget for FY 2022/2023
We are purposely making this RFP vague because we want to hear your ideas! Staff working in this program will be able to work at the house with designated office space.
- October 11 and 12 – Tours of the house and discussion of this RFP
- Proposals due to United Way by 3:00 p.m., Friday, October 28, 2022
- Notification of the RFP chosen will occur no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, November 18, 2022
- The facility will be available for programming and occupancy no later than Monday, December 5.
If you are unable to make a tour or have questions regarding this RFP, email or call:
JULIE BOSMA DYLAN MOFFITT
(815) 968-5418 (815) 877-5432
Proposals are due to United Way by 3:00 p.m., Friday, October 28, 2022. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 612 North Main Street, Suite 300, Rockford, Illinois 61103.