"If you provide conditions of safety and perceived trust and civility in social and public spaces, people will want to live there, they’ll interact and develop a sense of ownership."
About Strong Neighborhoods
United Way is leading a place-based strategy to dramatically improve the quality of life for our children and families because strong neighborhoods make a strong community.
To do that, we currently operate two Strong Neighborhood Houses in Rockford, and one in Machesney Park. Through partnerships with other local impact organizations, programs and services are offered to neighborhoods that provide, among other services, educational opportunities and activities, mental health and addiction support and services, and build hope for neighborhood families.
- 8th Avenue Strong Neighborhood House — 908 8th Avenue, Rockford
- Irving Avenue Strong Neighborhood House — 312 Irving Avenue, Rockford
- Marie Avenue Strong Neighborhood House — 825 Marie Avenue, Machesney Park
8th Avenue House
Irving Avenue House
Safe Families for Children
Marie Avenue House
Live R.E.A.L. Foundation
Secondary Success and Beyond
Tommy Corral Memorial Foundation
Learn more about the specific programs and events going on at each house by visiting their Facebook pages:
You can learn more about the vital services that our Strong Neighborhoods partners provide here:
- Safe Families for Children now operating out of the Irving Avenue Strong Neighborhood House
- New occupants of Marie Avenue Strong Neighborhood House to bring vital services to Winnebago County
For more information, call 815-968-5400 or email email@example.com.