United Way of Rock River Valley is connecting local businesses and individuals to nonprofit needs across the region in a volunteerism event called Day of Caring. On September 28, more than 50 individuals from 12 local companies and organizations were recruited to participate.
Volunteers graciously donated their time to make an impact, including landscaping and clean up at facilities for the Boys and Girls Club of Rockford, ecological restoration for the Forest Preserves of Winnebago County, restoring the Early Learning Trail at Parker Early Education Center, painting classrooms at Severson Dells, preparing after-school kits at Discovery Center, and other volunteer activities.
“The incredible generosity of all these volunteers is a reflection of the heart of our community,” said Jessica Iasparro, Volunteer Manager, United Way of Rock River Valley. “We could not be more grateful for their participation in Day of Caring and helping so many deserving organizations in Winnebago County.”
Those supplying volunteers include:
- Associated Bank employees volunteering at Boys & Girls Club of Rockford
- Field Fastener employees volunteering at Boys & Girls Club of Rockford
- GreenState Credit Union employees volunteering at Carpenter’s Place
- Hard Rock Rockford employees volunteering at Carpenter’s Place
- M3 Insurance employees volunteering at Parker Early Education Center
- Midland States Bank employees volunteering at Rock River Valley Food Pantry
- Pyramid Plastics employees volunteering at Crisis Nursery
- Specialty Screw employees volunteering at Severson Dells
- Target of Rockford and Machesney Park employees volunteering at Boys & Girls Club of Rockford
- WATT Global Media employees volunteering at Crisis Nursery
- Wells Fargo Advisors employees volunteering at Discovery Center
- Winnebago County Government employees volunteering at Discovery Center and Forest Preserves of Winnebago County
Looking for volunteer opportunities? Visit wevolunteer.org.