Employment opportunities at United Way of Rock River Valley
United Way is committed to making positive change in our community. That means our talent is: mission focused, relationship oriented, collaborative, and results driven.
We believe that our talent is among our greatest assets necessary to build the powerful social movement to improve people's lives and advance the common good for all. That is why United Way is committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and creating careers for diverse talent and leadership who will work interdependently toward accomplishing our goals in the Rock River Valley.
Current job listings:
Marketing and Digital Content Specialist
The Marketing and Digital Content Specialist contributes to the efforts of United Way of Rock River Valley (UWRRV) by maintaining UWRRV’s websites, social media, and other digital platforms that share organizational information and communicate stories that speak of the greater impact UWRRV has on the community. This position is responsible for creating campaign marketing materials, publishing site content, maintaining continuity of design themes and navigation, and increasing online presence to grow UWRRV’s audience, enhance audience engagement, and initiate deeper client relationships. All duties will be performed in concert with the Director of Communications and Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing and Digital Content Specialist works in accordance with the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Co-manage the production of all organizational collateral materials and publications
• Adhere to all branding requirements when creating marketing materials
• Work with printers, sign companies, freelance designers, and other contractors to see projects to completion
• Create and design banners, posters, special event signage, and all public-facing documents
• Create, write, design, and arrange printing and mailing of monthly and quarterly newsletters
• Work with all organizational departments to develop internal and external messaging for their initiatives
2. Storytelling and content management
• Be a strong writer who is not afraid to seek out a story resulting in a concise and compelling story that engages the reader
• Interview those served by UWRRV-funded programs, volunteers, donors, agencies, and community partners.
• Create compelling visuals and graphics (as appropriate for the communication channel) to support written content.
• Articulate UWRRV’s measurable collective impact work using relevant outcomes data in compelling ways that inspire action and investment
• Capture and help tell stories by using photography and imagery
3. Develop, manage, and monitor organization-wide social media strategy
• Create a documented tone and voice for a consistent digital presence.
• Create and curate content in accordance with a strategic communications plan
• Manage daily posts and engagement
• Monitor content daily
• Provide or supervise live social media coverage at key events
• Lead social and digital advertising efforts; advise Marketing Director on social and digital advertising budgets
• Stay up-to-date on latest social media best practices and trends; advise latest platforms, tools
4. Serve as marketing lead on website content and ensure up-to-date website presence
• Design, write, edit, and maintain all content for the organization’s websites: unitedwayrrv.org and unitedforliteracy.info
• Lead with the development and strategy of the website blog
• Develop and manage the quarterly editorial calendar for the website carousel and provide appropriate linked content to the webmaster with a focus on fresh, current, engaging content
• Regularly audit all website content to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date; correct and update content as needed
5. Tracks, measures, and reports all digital results and outcomes
• Provide monthly updates to the Marketing Director on stats for social media, digital advertising, earned media, email performance, and others as determined.
6. Develop, plan, and implement media outreach around events, announcements, and results
• Grow and strengthen relationships with media partners by increasing the perception of UWRRV as a valuable, reliable, quick-to-respond, and insightful source
• Create news releases, media advisories and OpEds
7. Assist with other marketing and communications duties as required, such as:
• Assist with the creation of the marketing plan and budget; carry out a year-long marketing plan
• Shoot and edit small-scale video content for internal and external audiences; organize the outsourcing of large-scale video projects
• Develop speeches and talking points; plan and manage events, etc.
• Serve on staff divisional and cross-functional committees supporting the organization’s mission and goals and performing other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required for the Ideal Candidate
• Minimum of three to five years experience in public-facing marketing
• Minimum of two years of creating social content and managing websites
• Experience with digital/social media communications with demonstrated results.
• Proven media planning/relations skills and social media content/channel management experience. Ability to set and sort priorities.
• Excellent written/oral communication, presentation, copy editing, graphic arts, copywriting experience
• Excellent verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to interact with team members at all levels of the organization
• Ability to work independently while keeping management informed of progress
• Ability to multitask, prioritize work, and meet tight deadlines with a flawless results focus
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe CS Design Software
• Experience with advanced web technologies and electronic communications platforms
• Good vision with the ability to distinguish color and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary)
• Manual dexterity and frequent repetitive hand/arm movements utilizing the computer keyboard
• Constant sitting
• Occasional standing, walking, bending, kneeling, pushing, reaching, squatting, and moving/lifting approximately 25 to 50 pounds
Bachelor’s Degree in communications/marketing, journalism, graphic design, or related field from an accredited institution preferred
·Eight or more years of professional work experience preferred in the key responsibilities listed above
Licenses & Certifications
This job has project supervisory responsibilities under the guidance of the Director of Communications and Marketing.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com.