Employment opportunities at United Way of Rock River Valley
United Way is committed to making positive change in our community. That means our talent is: mission focused, relationship oriented, collaborative, and results driven.
We believe that our talent is among our greatest assets necessary to build the powerful social movement to improve people's lives and advance the common good for all. That is why United Way is committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and creating careers for diverse talent and leadership who will work interdependently toward accomplishing our goals in the Rock River Valley.
Current job listings
Email your resume and cover letter to HR@Unitedwayrrv.org.
Position Title: Achievement Advocate
Class: Non-Exempt / Full Time
Reports to : Director of Education Initiatives
Do you enjoy working with middle schoolers and want to see them succeed?
Purpose of the position:
This is a full-time position supporting United Way of Rock River Valley’s Move the Middle initiative for middle school students to be on track to graduate high school. An Achievement Advocate works directly with middle school students and staff by utilizing a unique system to review attendance, behavior, course performance and social emotional data to identify students who are off-track.
Once identified as off-track, advocates meet with students, families, and teachers to address barriers at home, school, with peers, through the use of supports, interventions and community resources.
Key Responsibilities and specific duties:
- Work directly with middle school students at a Rockford area middle school
- Be a Champion for students to assist in working towards a successful future
- Ability to review, assess, organize and analyze data (25% of time)
- Knowledge of local community resources
- Able to understand and support students who have experienced trauma
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in education and/or youth development, preferably middle school years
- Become an Illinois Mandated Reporter for Child Abuse and Neglect
- Salary range: $35,000 - $42,000
- Spanish bilingual a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.75 - $20.25 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location