• Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Tags
    Tags Displays a list of tags that have been used in the blog.
  • Bloggers
    Bloggers Search for your favorite blogger from this site.
  • Team Blogs
    Team Blogs Find your favorite team blogs here.
  • Login
    Login Login form

Fighting for your finances: how to get the maximum tax return this year for free

Posted on


For the 10th straight year, United Way of Rock River Valley is helping residents get the maximum out of their tax return, for free, and from the comfort of their own home.

Through safe, secure, and easy-to-use online software provided by industry leader H&R Block, United Way is again providing MyFreeTaxes.com this tax season.

Qualifying is simple. Do you make less than $66,000 a year? Then you qualify.

Maggie, a nonprofit employee who just filed with MyFreeTaxes for the first time, says not only does the free service save her the $200 it costs on average to pay someone to file her taxes for her, the guaranteed maximum return gets her even closer to financial freedom.

“It’s great to use a free program, as repaying my student loan makes it hard to afford other expenses,” said Maggie. “I plan to put my tax refund toward graduate school tuition.”

“It’s very easy to use,” said Terry, another MyFreeTaxes filer. “The website takes you through a simple step-by-step process making sure you get every deduction you qualify for.”

There are already too many bills and day-to-day expenses to worry about in life, filing your taxes doesn’t need to be another one. Through my MyFreeTaxes.com, United Way continues to lead the fight for the financial stability of every person in every neighborhood in our community.

Last modified on