Benefits of improved donor communication
- Published on Monday, 24 August 2015 21:08
Together, we are doing great work to improve the lives of everyone in our community. Many donors have asked us to share information with them on a more regular basis so they can stay connected and see the value of their investment.
In order to provide our donors with this information and thank them in a timely manner we need more complete donor information.
What information are we asking for?
- Donor Name
- Home or Business Address, Phone and e-mail
- Company Name & Title
- Contribution Amount & Designations
The easiest ways to share donor information is by providing United Way with a carbon copy of the employees' pledge cards filed in the campaign report envelope or via Excel so we can electronically input data.
What are the benefits to providing this information?
- Receives important and necessary tax documentation based on donation.
- Receives acknowledgement and thank you for donating to United Way.
- Receives periodic notification of events and volunteer opportunities.
- Receives periodic reports on results made possible by their investment.
- Un-clog company e-mail and mail by having home contact info.
- Increased awareness by employees of the level of the employer partnership with United Way and organizational leadership in the community.
- Employees become more engaged with United Way, which will build loyalty & increase giving in future company campaigns.
(On average, Corporate Partners providing donor data details realize 12% greater participation rates.)
United Way of Rock River Valley pledges to:
- not share or sell any donor information with other organizations;
- treat our donors' information with the utmost confidentiality;
- thank donors and provide necessary tax acknowledgements;
- allow donors to opt-out of mailings and e-mails;
- honor donor wishes with regards to anonymity.