Day of Action
- Published on Tuesday, 16 June 2015 15:06
Each year around June 21, communities around the world come together to harness the volunteer spirit and improve the conditions in which they live. In 2014, nearly 350 United Ways in 14 countries brought people together for projects focused on education, income and health.
United Way Day of Action is an invitation for people and organizations around the world to LIVE UNITED and take action to address a variety of challenges. It is a moment that we ask you to help us put our mission into action by improving the building blocks for a good quality of life – education, financial stability, and health.
Here are two featured projects for this year's Day of Action:
Ways to get involved on United Way Day of Action
- Illustrate your aspiration for a strong neighborhood using this template and share it on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with the hashtag #PointofU. Then plan a visit to see the "Doors of Opportunity" exhibit at Rockford Art Museum June 22 - August 24.
- Take the pledge to become a volunteer reader, tutor, or mentor.
- Volunteer as an I READ or Tiny Hands, Big Hearts mentor.
- Share your Day of Action experience on Facebook, post photos of your community work to Instagram and follow us on Twitter @unitedwayrrv (use #DayofAction).
- Advocate for Summer Success on #DayofAction: